Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Milestone Cake

I hope everyone enjoyed the Hop this past weekend!  We sure enjoyed hosting.  Congratulations to the winners.  I hope to see some of your projects on our facebook page.

This weekend my sister celebrated a milestone, she turned 40.  I wanted to make her something special.  So I searched Google and came across a milestone cake.  I started thinking, I could do something like that, not baking it, out of paper.

I had fun deciding what to put on the cake.

3d paper cake with life milestones i.e. born, wedding, children, etc.
3d paper cake with life milestones i.e. born, wedding, children, etc.

Close of "Vintage sign" and beautiful red roses3d paper cake with life milestones i.e. born, wedding, children, etc.

3d paper cake with life milestones i.e. born, wedding, children, etc.3d paper cake with life milestones i.e. born, wedding, children, etc.

I am pleased with how it turned out.  I used the following kits to create this cake:

SDS 3D Cake Box Kit
Be Mine - Rose
Classic Wedding SVG Collection - Bride & Groom
SDS Flourished Spring - Trees & Clouds
JGW Nativity Boxes Holy Family - Baby
JGW House Rules - House

I also used two files that are legacy kits and are being reworked.  They will be back on the site once they have been updated.  Aged to perfection and Feel Better Soon.

I best thing about doing a project that takes several kits is that we are having a 25% off sale right now.  So you can stock up on some of the kits you have been wanting to get.

It has been fun sharing with you today.

Do What Inspires You,
Cyndy G


4 comments:

  1. I think this is a beautiful idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake was such an amazing idea, Cyndy! I have never seen anything like it before. You really put a lot of time, effort and love into this and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth. It was a lot of fun picking out what I was going to put on it :)

      Delete